Laetitia Casta





So I have a story to go with these photos of the indescribably beautiful Laetitia Casta.

In late 1997 I was in Paris for work, staying in a hotel not far from the Rue St. Honore, where all the ultra-high fashion boutiques are clustered, and only a short walk from the offices of the top designers.  
Leaving my hotel one morning, I spotted this magazine for sale at a newsstand, but foolishly I did not buy it immediately.  

As I was getting ready to leave Paris a few days later, I went to buy the magazine, but the newsstand near the hotel had sold all its copies.  I then spent the next hour or so scouring every newsstand in the neighborhood, looking for this magazine.  Nearly oblivious to all the beautiful people I passed on the sidewalks, my only concern was to find a copy of the magazine featuring the object of my desire, but every newsstand was sold out!  They had plenty of other fashion and photography magazines, but the one featuring Laetitia on the cover was not to be found.

Disappointed, I headed out to the airport, where much to my surprise there were plenty of copies of Photo for sale, and I secured my copy.

Of course, it may have been a coincidence, but I've always thought it was the ultimate compliment to Laetitia that all the newsstands in the center of the capital of high fashion had sold out the magazine featuring her so prominently on the cover, and spread so invitingly on the pages inside.  I like to imagine all the cynical and snobbish fashion mavens of Paris rushing out to buy the magazine featuring her, momentarily succumbing to her pure beauty.

That day in Paris that I spent searching for Laetitia Casta remains one of my fondest memories.