First Crush

A great article about one’s first crush – with video games, that is!  Which game was your first crush?
 
I’m about 7 years older than this author, but like his, my crush began with an Atari 2600 received at Christmas.  I liked lots of the games, but looking back on it I recognize the special place in my heart for Adventure.  Since then, I’ve always loved RPG games the most (although I’ll confess to occasional dalliances with other genres!).  After the Atari 2600, I had an Atari 800 computer, where Star Raiders was the closest I could get to an RPG.  But when PCs really hit the scene in the mid to late 80s, I discovered the Ultima series, and Ultima Underworld.  From there, it was a straight progression to Oblivion and now Skyrim.  So although I’ve had multiple partners in this romance, it has always kept me satisfied!


An Ardent Video Gamer Recalls How He Got Hooked - NYTimes.com