Dido and Stevie



Surfing web videos this weekend, I came across two music videos which, for me, were deliciously complementary versions of feminity.  I couldn't choose which one I like most, so I'm glad I don't have to.

The first is Dido singing "Thank You"  - so sweet and sofly feminine.



The second is a classic version of Rhiannon, by Stevie Nicks with Fleetwood  Mac.  
Starting at about the four minute mark, and towards five, she pours so much into this performance, no words I could write could describe it.



What I like most about Dido is her phrasing.  In this song, for example, the way she runs one word into another causes the song to flow in a way that brings to mind a woman running her hands over your body, pleasing you in the way that only a woman can.


The intensity of Stevie Nicks elicits the opposite image - a wild woman whose passions cannot be tamed.  The fact that she looks like every girl in high school I ever fantasized about certainly helps.

Any votes on which version of femininity you would choose?